Student Conduct Appeals Officer
The University of Vermont is seeking applications for the position of Student Conduct Appeals Officer.
Serve as Dean of Students (DOS) appeals officer for all student conduct appeals. Work closely with the Center for Student Conduct, Office of General Counsel, and other campus partners to ensure a fair and timely written response to all appeals of University policy violations, including academic honesty, discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct, and other general conduct violations.
Minimum Qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or related field and three to five years of case management or analytical assessment in a higher education or other large institutional setting required. Ability to work independently with a high level of critical thinking and analysis required. Demonstrated success working with a range of culturally and ethnically diverse populations and evidence of commitment to fostering a collaborative multicultural environment required.
- Relevant experience with student conduct processes and/or Title IX compliance highly desirable.
- JD or legal analysis experience highly desirable.
It is expected that this position will telecommute with occasional in office, on campus time.
A probationary period may be required, 50% of full-time.
For more details and to apply, visit https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/44897
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.
For information on safety and security at the University of Vermont, see the annual security report by clicking on the Clery Act button in the sidebar menu.
Finalists for positions at UVM may be subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Legal Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington