Assistant Director, Undergraduate Programs, College of Arts and Sciences
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Collaborate with the associate dean and other dean’s office staff regarding program management
- Create and execute administrative processes and special projects, delegating tasks when needed
- Create, automate, and update processes and resources to create efficiencies or meet evolving program needs
- Set agendas and take minutes for standing and ad hoc committees and groups
- Monitor enrollments and scheduling for select programs
- Manage assessment of select programs
- Facilitate and coordinate new and existing processes with other university offices (registrar, marketing and communications, provost’s office, etc) as needed to impact the success of CAS undergraduate programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Plan calendars and coordinate and promote programs and events for incoming and continuing students (including but not limited to honors orientation, fall welcome, research symposia and travel, and community-building)
- Work with Admissions on recruiting and yield programs and events
- Collaborate with other offices as needed to plan events and programs (Career Center, Division of Student Success, business school, alumni affairs, etc.)
- Design and update undergraduate program materials and publications, including but not limited to honors program news and promotions, and materials for orientations and admissions events
- Oversee social media and other communications
- Design custom templates as needed using professional-standard design software
- Liaise with other offices or dean’s office staff to edit undergraduate publications and materials.
- Serve as the main point of contact to problem-solve and facilitate communications with students, faculty, university personnel, families, and alumni
- Manage students and student teams, such as honors program groups and undergraduate work studies
- Recruit and onboard students
- Address performance improvement issues if necessary
- Act as liaison between students, faculty, and administrators
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a university or college setting.
- Experience in student services, student mentorship, and/or student outreach.
- Demonstrated excellent computer and design skills. Microsoft Office experience, database management, and experience with professional-standard design software (such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop) required.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to assume a leadership role when necessary.
- Attention to detail, as demonstrated by copyediting and proofreading capabilities.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations and confidential material with sensitivity and professionalism.
- The standard schedule of this position are 8:45 am to 4:45 pm, M-F; however, the ability to keep a flexible schedule to support program objectives, including some evenings and weekends, is necessary.
Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity as the Assistant Director of CAS Undergraduate Programs! If you enjoy working with students, managing events and programs as well as making a positive impact on students as they pursue their undergraduate academic programs, this career opportunity for you! Suffolk offers free tuition as part of a generous benefits package. You may be interested in pursuing your master's degree or taking classes for free!
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to be considered for this career opportunity.
This role serves the mission of Suffolk University and supports all College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate programs, including the CAS Honors Program. The Assistant Director manages and motivates student groups; produces program materials and is responsible for social media; creates and oversees an active calendar of programs and events, and is closely involved with curriculum and scheduling and recruiting and retention. The Assistant Director also serves as the primary support and as deputy to the associate dean, liaising with other campus offices, external partners, families, and alumni.
% of Time Responsibility
35% Program Management
35% Program & Event Planning
20%. Student Management & Mentorship
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston