Adjunct Instructor - Process Control Training - PT
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – PROCESS CONTROL TRAINING - PT
Daley College is currently seeking a Process Control Training Part-Time Instructor for the Fall 2021 semester with a passion for teaching and learning, along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using highly effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and that promote the acquisition and application of knowledge and the development of critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills; and in addition, engage in and model intellectual curiosity and express passion for their disciplines and for learning in general.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Teaches in the area of Process Control including temperature, pressure, level and flow control, PLC, Instrumentation, pumps, process troubleshooting and analog control and related topics to Process control
- Teaches and facilitates manufacturing engineering technology courses applicable to petroleum, chemical, food and water treatment plant process.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in their academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, Board rules and policies.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing setting in Process and Instrumentation and related technologies to process control.
- Previous teaching experiences a plus.
Education & Certifications
- Minimum of Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Engineering Technology or related field, or Journey person certification in process control industry.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- English as a Second Language Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago