Visitor Services Attendant
The CU Museum encourages applications for a Visitor Services Attendant ! This position exists to supplement permanent security/visitor services personnel. Position may cover evening lectures, opening receptions and other special events, and exists to secure the Museum by guarding and patrolling the building interior. The position will also provide visitor and retail services to Museum patrons. This position will work 8 hours per week on average. Weekdays, Evenings, and Weekends are all possible for scheduling.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Museum cultivates exploration and appreciation of the natural environment and human cultures through research, teaching, and community outreach. We provide academic training for graduate students in Museum and Field Studies; build, conserve, and interpret research collections; and offer exhibits and educational programs for the University and the public.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provides access to the Museum building (Henderson) by unlocking the building, disarming the security system, opening exhibit halls and common areas. Closes the Museum building by locking entrance doors, checking and locking all interior rooms. closing windows, turning off all electrical equipment (except computers) and lights, and arming the electronic security system upon exiting the building.
- Protects Museum by monitoring the actions of visitors, by safeguarding Museum keys and noticing any unusual occurrence. Determine when and why to contact police and security system agency. Responsible for communicating effectively when in need of first responders such as Safe Systems, CUPD, and BFD.
- Operates as backup building proctor by noticing building problems or unexpected changes and responding to emergency requests from Museum staff. Responds to building emergencies or emergencies involving Museum patrons by contacting the Service Center, Safe Systems, CUPD, or other appropriate authorities. Documents interactions, phone calls, and requests to Facilities Management.
- Provides visitor services and demonstrates knowledge of CU campus and Museum personnel, sections, and functions by informing visitors about Museum operations, giving campus directions, answering questions, explaining policies, and directing phone inquiries. Demonstrates good customer relations skills by interacting with visitors and callers in a courteous, effective manner. Attends Public Program Team meetings.
- Facilitates retail sales by welcoming and assisting customers and being familiar with the merchandise. Makes sales and/or returns accurately by using the point of purchase TAM system and the credit card Tranz 330 system. Closes cash drawer daily by counting drawer and using the TAM system and balances TAM drawer as per instructions from the gift store manager. Provides store upkeep by accepting and accomplishing tasks related to inventory, stocking, or cleaning displays. Resolves problems created by others (unbalanced books, credit card machines or deposits) by finding and correcting errors.
- Maintains visitor statistics by computing daily, weekly, the monthly and annual count of visitors using computer software and distributes statistics upon request.
What You Should Know
This is a 20% time position.
What We Can Offer
The hourly rate is $16.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What You Will Need
Must be a fluent speaker of English.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- High School Degree; 1-2 years of customer service experience and/or retail experience.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Experience in formal and informal education settings.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 5, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder