Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting (12305)
The Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting is responsible for operational reporting requests to include list generation, as well as maintaining and creating self-service reporting templates in support of the university’s fundraising and alumni relations goals; all data outputs from the system of record, Ellucian CRM Advance, as well as the business intelligence platform, MicroStrategy. Additionally, the Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting will play an integral role at producing both descriptive and predictive analyses, promoting nuanced reflection and use of data to answer strategic questions within the division, and translating findings to different audiences. This position will act as a thought partner and empower end users in order to develop insights and share learnings across the division that will impact strategies and outcomes. As a member of the Reporting and Analytics team, the incumbent is also an important contributor to the implementation of protocols and procedures governing the use of reporting and analytics tools by the division. The Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting will equally work alongside the team’s Report Writer and Reporting Analyst, full time staff members, to support our diverse internal clientele. The Reporting and Analytics team also partners across all teams within Advancement Operations to effectively implement standardized business processes for the division’s data and its systems as well as to complete projects that require partnership and expertise across all teams.
1. Managing and Building robust data analytics
- Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting promotes strategic movement from ad hoc reporting requests to more nuanced reporting and data analyses to inform decision making and incorporate metrics.
- In tandem with the R&A Team, lead efforts in proactively liaising with units to seek out data projects and analytics work to answer strategic questions.
- Move R&A team further in BI maturity model to include predictive analytics. Using MSTR native functionality and additional tools (i.e. Excel, R, and/or Python) to create predictive analytics and/or forecasting reports.
- Work with the Director and team to implement a consultative, proactive, and efficient service level throughout the department.
2. Completing Operational Requests and Management of Existing Resources
- Design and complete reports, dashboards, and audits using various University-sanctioned systems and tools to address large-scale data and reporting needs and answering strategic questions.
- Responsible for maintaining CRM’s self-service reporting suite and system dashboards, as well as working with end users by answering inquiries and empowering them in their daily work and to meet departmental goals.
- Oversee the production of requested analyses and reports (data outputs) in response to tickets routed through the client ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Establish and enforce governing University and divisional records policies and procedures for relevant data updates and reporting needs of the division of Development and Alumni Relations.
Essential Functions (continued)
3. Divisional Support, Customer Service, and Unit Administration:
- Manage ongoing and special projects related to the division’s data needs and information systems to include cyclical reporting for fiscal year summaries and survey participation.
- Work closely with Advancement Operations’ Data Quality, Gift Administration, and Prospect Management teams to improve reporting and policies in support of the each other and the division.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the division of Development and Alumni Relations.
- This position may require occasional evening and weekend work for time-sensitive projects and participation in scheduled divisional events such as All-American Weekend (AU’s alumni and family weekend), the annual Scholarship Luncheon, and the annual President’s Circle Dinner.
- The Data & Information Analyst, Advancement Reporting has no overall budget responsibilities or authority but will be responsible for bringing their insights and experience to inform analytics and reporting strategies in order continue moving DAR’s reporting environment for DAR through the BI maturity model.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in the field of data analytics and reporting
- Familiarity with advancement and/or relational database systems (Ellucian CRM Advance and/or Microsoft Dynamics a plus); demonstrated experience in achieving proficient use in at least one such business tool
- Demonstrated professional experience using software (Microsoft Access, Excel, SAS, MicroStrategy or other) for quantitative and qualitative data analysis across large and/or disparate datasets with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and thoroughness; excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated success in communicating policies and procedures to employees or clients
- Discretion and ability to process confidential information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of data science best practices and related programming languages: SQL, R, Python and/or predictive modeling a plus.
- Experience in sharing data science results with both technical and business-oriented people a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding and interest in higher education, fundraising and alumni relations priorities, best practices, and general operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.