SET Park Visitor Data Center Web Application Developer / Analyst
Located within Dixie State University’s College of Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET), the Park Visitor Data Center is looking to hire a full-time Web Application Developer / Analyst. This position will report to the College Dean and work as a key member of the Data Center team to create, develop, code, and manage the University’s official ParksPass and ParkData web applications. This position is fully funded for one year; contingent upon funding thereafter. Additional information about the college and its program and degree offerings can be found online at https://colleges.dixie.edu/science/ .
- Lead in the development of web applications for the ParksPass/ParkData properties.
- Build and optimize secure web applications for evolving needs.
- Provide continued support for multiple web properties.
- Maintain communication with team members and supervisors concerning the direction of the web properties.
- Code and script applications.
- Perform routine site audits and technology innovation, as well as ongoing maintenance, on multiple sites over time and on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development, or related field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Two years of related internship or job experience required; experience working in web application development, Park data, Parks Passes, and/or with State or National Parks preferred.
- Knowledge of server-side programming languages including PHP, Python, Go, and others.
- Familiarity with DBMS technology, including MongoDB and MySQL.
- Knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design.
- Experience working with open-source web services, such as Apache and have a solid background in Linux/Unix.
- Ability to connect secure web applications to merchant services, including authorize.net and stripe, build and work with Application Programming Interfaces (API) to allow applications to talk to each other, work with Shopify.com platform services.
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) practices.
- Good communication skills, with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of network diagnostics and analytical tools preferred.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $58,000 - $62,000 depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of August 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under 'Benefits Summary' for more details. This position is fully funded for one year; contingent upon funding thereafter.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins July 6 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George