Graduate Admission Recruiter
Graduate Admission Recruiter
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for a Graduate Admission Recruiter in the Enrollment Management department.
Position Reports To: Assistant Vice President for Graduate Enrollment
Position Summary: The Graduate Admission Recruiter is a professional, energetic and highly service-oriented professional who is responsible for growing enrollment for graduate and undergraduate nursing, graduate athletic training, and graduate healthcare informatics programs offered by Chatham University. This position handles all recruitment activities for assigned degree programs encompassing yearly planning, working with all prospective students, collaborating with faculty, building relationships with potential employers and partner institutions, and fostering community partnerships.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, public speaking skills, and a proven background in sales. Extremely strong organizational skills, along with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced environment are important to be successful in this position. Creative, energetic team players that have the capability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively are highly desired. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to meet enrollment/ sales goals, attention to detail, follow-through, and dependability.
- Proven results-driven approach to sales, recruitment, and/or admissions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent skills in marketing, emerging technology and media
- Ability to leverage partnerships and collaborations to increase visibility of programs and interest from potential students
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred
- Experience with graduate nursing populations preferred
- Experience managing applications through a CAS system preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, basic math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Individual should have strong people skills with the ability to help people feel at ease.
- Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in developing and managing yearly recruitment plan to increase program awareness, inquiry and enrollment.
- Provide advising and support through the admissions process for prospective students including information gathering, the application and interview process, and all ongoing follow-up via phone, e-mail and in-person visits.
- Create and maintain relationships with schools, businesses, organizations, professional networks, non-profits, and others to identify and cultivate academic and job opportunities.
- Plan and execute on and off campus recruitment events and travel to feeder schools, employers and essential conferences and events for enrollment, networking, and visibility purposes.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding graduate programs both on and off campus.
- Work with the university marketing department to contribute to the various communication materials needed to promote the degree programs and various programs/services offered by Chatham.
- Recruit students interested in designated programs delivered in an on-ground, online or blended format.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in making regular reports concerning status of recruitment and the current enrollment of students across all assigned programs.
- Conduct Admission and Financial Aid presentations.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding academic programs virtually, on campus and in the community.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President with developing and implementing strategies for designated program applicants to optimize yield from admit to deposit and matriculation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community-based organizations and businesses in order to expand corporate and strategic partner network.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President by working with graduate academic Program Directors to coordinate and promote graduate policies, procedures, and ensure enrollment goals are met.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in the planning and execution of yield-related events and programming.
- Uphold the highest standards for a nationally accredited, competitive programs.
- This position requires daytime and some overnight travel as well as night and weekend work throughout the year.
- Occasional functional supervision of graduate student workers.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh