Graduate Admission Recruiter
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200
students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our
areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts &
sciences and business & communications. Chatham has
consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best
College" by U.S. News & World Report,
and--as the alma
mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is
perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United
States by Sierra Magazine
and the Princeton
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of
purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be
informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize
and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to
live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed
to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working
environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School
of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science
and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities
and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct
locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham
Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of
the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong
commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans,
individuals with disabilities, and members of other
underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham
University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate
opening for a Graduate Admission Recruiter in the Enrollment
Position Reports To:
Assistant Vice President for Graduate
The Graduate Admission Recruiter is a
professional, energetic and highly service-oriented professional
who is responsible for growing enrollment for graduate and
undergraduate nursing, graduate athletic training, and graduate
healthcare informatics programs offered by Chatham University. This
position handles all recruitment activities for assigned degree
programs encompassing yearly planning, working with all prospective
students, collaborating with faculty, building relationships with
potential employers and partner institutions, and fostering
The successful candidate will possess outstanding verbal and
written communication skills, public speaking skills, and a proven
background in sales. Extremely strong organizational skills, along
with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with diverse
constituencies in a fast-paced environment are important to be
successful in this position. Creative, energetic team players that
have the capability to work independently, efficiently, and
effectively are highly desired. The successful candidate will have
the proven ability to meet enrollment/ sales goals, attention to
detail, follow-through, and dependability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven results-driven approach to sales, recruitment, and/or
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as
excellent skills in marketing, emerging technology and media
- Ability to leverage partnerships and collaborations to increase
visibility of programs and interest from potential students
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred
- Experience with graduate nursing populations preferred
- Experience managing applications through a CAS system
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and
Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational
software, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, basic
math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Individual should have strong people skills with the ability to
help people feel at ease.
- Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to
speak before large and small groups with confidence.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in developing and managing
yearly recruitment plan to increase program awareness, inquiry and
- Provide advising and support through the admissions process for
prospective students including information gathering, the
application and interview process, and all ongoing follow-up via
phone, e-mail and in-person visits.
- Create and maintain relationships with schools, businesses,
organizations, professional networks, non-profits, and others to
identify and cultivate academic and job opportunities.
- Plan and execute on and off campus recruitment events and
travel to feeder schools, employers and essential conferences and
events for enrollment, networking, and visibility purposes.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding
graduate programs both on and off campus.
- Work with the university marketing department to contribute to
the various communication materials needed to promote the degree
programs and various programs/services offered by Chatham.
- Recruit students interested in designated programs delivered in
an on-ground, online or blended format.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in making regular reports
concerning status of recruitment and the current enrollment of
students across all assigned programs.
- Conduct Admission and Financial Aid presentations.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding
academic programs virtually, on campus and in the community.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President with developing and
implementing strategies for designated program applicants to
optimize yield from admit to deposit and matriculation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with
community-based organizations and businesses in order to expand
corporate and strategic partner network.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President by working with graduate
academic Program Directors to coordinate and promote graduate
policies, procedures, and ensure enrollment goals are met.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President in the planning and
execution of yield-related events and programming.
- Uphold the highest standards for a nationally accredited,
- This position requires daytime and some overnight travel as
well as night and weekend work throughout the year.
- Occasional functional supervision of graduate student
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits
package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a
generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers
follow the instructions to complete the application process. To
ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing
the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and
contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively
Seeks Diverse Candidates