Professor of Environmental Security
The U.S. Army War College (USAWC) seeks qualified candidates to make substantive national-level contributions to the understanding of the environment as it impacts U.S. national security. In particular, the successful candidate should be a thought leader in the environment as a potential driver of instability and conflict and on the issues in environmental security that may impact the character of future conflicts.
This is a full-time civilian faculty position at the Center for Strategic Leadership (CSL) at U.S. Army War College (USAWC). Initial appointment will be for four years. The appointment may be renewed in up to five-year increments thereafter. Academic rank and salary will be based on the selectee's academic credentials, experience, and professional accomplishments.
Specific responsibilities and opportunities:
- Serve as the USAWC expert on issues in environmental security; provide this insight to USAWC faculty and students through lectures, symposia and participation in curriculum and course review.
- Develop and deliver graduate-level curriculum which focuses on environmental security.
- Facilitate student research, writing and perspectives on environmental security issues.
- Participate in strategic gaming and workshops, and write and publish on matters of strategic importance related to the implications of the environment on national security.
- Represent the USAWC at professional conferences, seminars, and meetings; and develop/support USAWC conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Engage in internal and external service in support of institutional missions.
The U.S. Army War College is located at Carlisle Barracks, PA, home to an historic Army post that provides a collegial, vibrant, and secure work environment for its employees. The USAWC is the Army's most senior institution for professional military education. It educates the best senior U.S. military officers of all services, U.S. government civilians, and military officers from over 70 foreign countries.
The application deadline is August 6, 2021.
For more information and application instructions, please access the announcement posted on the USAJOBS web site https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604519000 or contact the personnel team at email@example.com or (717) 245-4596.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Public Administration & Policy Non-Tenured Track $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Security Studies Non-Tenured Track $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Carlisle