Coordinator- Communication & Events
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Coordinator- Communication & Events Department Kentucky Center for Mathematics Compensation Title Coordinator Position Number 30014603 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
On campus at NKU
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The position is responsible for the management, administration, and oversight of statewide professional learning experiences for mathematics educators as well as the primary communicator to statewide constituents.
1. Manage, administer, and oversee the complex system of logistics for KCM statewide professional learning events (e.g., advertisement design/dissemination, participant recruitment, registration, attendance management, invoice generation). Provide clarification and enforcement of policies related to participant attendance cancellations and no-shows. Provide quality checks to assure the communications and logistics of KCM PLEs are complete and error free. In a typical year, the KCM provides more than 2500 hours of professional learning to more than 2900 educators.
2. Manage and administer social media and online presence of the KCM . Create and disseminate printed and digital publicity and social media releases for the KCM (e.g., Good News articles, regular updates to KCM webpages, KCM Annual Report).
3. Administer, coordinate and oversee the KCM’s annual conference (e.g., logistics including venue coordination, speaker call for proposals, coordination with the KCM executive director/director on related financial matters, conference promotion, creation of conference schedule). Conference enrollment historically exceeds 600 participants with more than 90 concurrent sessions and 6-8 featured speakers.
4. Oversee and maintain the KCM participant data base including updating membership records for marketing and communication purposes. Currently, there are over 18,000 members. Support the executive director/director with PLE data analysis, management of participant feedback, and management of participant agreement forms.
5. Support KCM executive director/director with managing correspondence with teachers, administrators, KCM regional consultants and stakeholders such as the Kentucky Department of Education.
6. Coordinate special event sponsored by the KCM
7. Maintain KCM email inbox. Respond to PLE related inquiries and forward other correspondences to the appropriate parties.
8. Other duties as assigned
Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, excellent organization skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong customer relationship management skills and experience. Must have proficiency with MS Office Suite, graphic design, all social media platforms, and video editing. Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation. Maximum of 3 letters of recommendation. Location- On campus at NKU .
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $16.55 to $18.89 per hour Pay Grade S68
Requisition Number 2021S1379 Job Open Date 06/18/2021 Job Close Date 07/10/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10431 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- What is the highest level of education attained?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Diversity Statement
- Marketing Communications portfolio
- Letter of Recommendation 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport