The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science invites
applications for a full-time tenure-track position in Mathematics
at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor beginning
August 2021. The successful candidate will teach introductory and
upper level courses in mathematics. Applicants must have a minimum
of a MS in Mathematics; a PhD is preferred and will be required for
The Department values and supports innovative teaching and
participation in undergraduate research, and seeks candidates with
similar ideals. The faculty member will be an excellent
communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate
excellence in undergraduate teaching. They will participate in
departmental and college activities and support the Department’s
objectives of mentoring students, through a culture of scholarship,
and service and outreach. The candidate will teach a 12
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
• Design and facilitate learning experiences that enable student
success and achieve student learning outcomes.
• Develop expectations and assess student learning outcomes.
• Effectively teach a wide range of subjects as qualified and
• Participate in development of curricula.
• Maintain an active creative agenda or scholarship.
• Provide service to the university, which may include:
o Academic advising
o Participate in program assessment activities
o Participate in departmental and college service, including
• Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.