Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor Pool, Missoula College
Missoula College at the University of Montana in Missoula seeks qualified Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructors to provide classroom and/or lab instruction in various Culinary Arts courses. The Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructors will report directly to Business & Technology Department Chair.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction following the mission, vision and philosophy of Missoula College
- Utilize technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
- Assist with the operation of the Blackfoot Café and Iris Coffee Bar.
Responsibilities will be at Missoula College Campus with variable hours depending upon the individual teaching assignment.
Required Skills and Education
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a culinary arts or culinary management related area.
- Minimum of 2 years occupational experience in the culinary field, of which at least 1 year shall be within 5 years prior to date of hire.
- Current certification as a ServSafe instructor by the National Restaurant Association Solutions or 90% test score on the exam used to obtain a Certified Professional Food Manager license granted by the National Restaurant Association or ability to complete prior to teaching assignment.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials via "New Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Part-Time