Assistant Dean of Academic Nursing Affairs
Summary/Objective: the Assistant Dean’s role is to assist in creating an environment where active, motivated students efficiently complete course objectives and the faculty can teach in an environment of academic success in an online environment and is responsible for maintaining the integrity of their assigned academic program(s).
- Academic Leadership – provide leadership for and coordination of all assigned academic programs, including strategic planning, resource allocation, implementation, faculty observation, and evaluation.
- Academic Operations – provide leadership for and coordination of the operational function of the academic mission of the college including the development revision and maintenance of the curriculum.
- Faculty Training and Development – provides and monitors the effectiveness of orientation programs for new full and part-time faculty. Facilitates, monitors, and evaluates faculty professional development.
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention – In conjunction with the Dean, determines and executes best practices for campus faculty retention.
- Student Retention – with Dean, assesses the effectiveness of instructional delivery as it relates to student retention
- Accreditation and Compliance-Maintain departmental compliance with State, accrediting body, and Federal regulatory agencies
- Represent the college – exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position. Also, represent the college at events and activities when the dean is unavailable.
- Physical demands- Sitting at a desk with intermittent walking, standing; for up to eight hours, bending, and occasionally lifting objects (up to 15 pounds). Work is performed in an office and a classroom.
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm, in which the college is open. As this is an exempt position. Due to the nature of the responsibilities you may be required to work a flexible schedule, as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. or DNP is preferred
- Minimum MS in Nursing
- Minimum five years of teaching experience
- New York State Registered Nurse License
- Proven Leader
- Experience in Distance education learning
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Computer savvy on industry software, including MS Office Suite.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Employee Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Health & Medicine Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Nursing Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City