Human Resources Business Partner, Waukesha
Human Resources Business Partner, Waukesha
- Job Title:Human Resources Business Partner
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Human Resources, Staff
- Facilitate or provide training (including monthly orientation) to the department and campus workforce.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all organization employees, assists in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures, and assists with preparing and maintaining the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Act as the primary point of contact for University supervisors and other leaders to serve as a consultant to guide and influence stakeholder decisions and human resources practices.
- Serve as a back-up for planning, developing and participating in area and industry surveys.
- Understand the unique business needs of each customer and provides innovative solutions to meet both the customer's and University's goals.
- Provide strategic workforce planning for customers to anticipate and identify recruitment needs, potential experience gaps, and department succession planning.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of departments compared to established goals or benchmarking.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to develop Human Resources department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of the department and services performed.
- Analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Assists with benefits administration to include enrollment and changes.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and other government regulations.
- Assist with employee recognition and other campus programs/events.
- Serve on campus committees.
- Create ad hoc reports and analyzes data to identify trends and report metrics.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Business Acumen
- Critical evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Certification from an accredited human resources industry leader/association such as PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations preferred.
- 3 plus years' of progressively responsible, related human resources experience.
- Excellent analytical and innovative aptitude, problem-solving skills and excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated results and goal-oriented individual utilizing a balance of persistence and patience to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- General knowledge of all human resource functions (benefits, recruitment, onboarding, compensation, employee relations, policy development and performance appraisal) as well as applicable laws.
- Prior experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database management, particularly Microsoft Excel, to be able to collect, evaluate and report key metrics.
- Proficiency with report writing and (HRIS) Human Resources Information Systems or Information Technology supporting Human Resources.
Human Relations Skills:
- High degree of personal integrity and ethics with high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client focused sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Ability to build strong relationships with leadership, management, faculty and staff through a consultative, collaborative and active-problem solving approach; positioning HR as a credible resource for various constituencies.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the http://www.carrollu.edu/about/missionstatement.asp/a">University mission.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=419724997