Records & Registration Generalist (Part-Time)
Posting Number: 0000810
Reports to: Registrar
Full or Part-time: Part Time
Responsible for providing efficient and exceptional customer service, which includes but is not limited to answering questions and providing information about essential student services and enrollment processes, answering questions about the college and providing directions or general information, and performing records and registration functions. Welcomes and assists or directs visitors in the One Stop area. Requires a flexible schedule during normal departmental hours.
1. Applies excellent communication and interpersonal skills to the service provided in the frontline student services area and welcomes College community and guests accordingly. Directs and assists visitors.
2. Is responsible for ensuring compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations while performing job duties.
3. Performs all One-Stop related student services that support the Records & Registration Department.
4. Responsible for data entry, updates, and maintenance of related systems and software.
5. Assists the Records and Registration Department supervisors with projects related to data entry and cleanup, retention efforts, or other projects as requested.
6. Seeks out and maintains a working knowledge of student services policies, procedures, and information to provide students with support and direction during the enrollment process and completion of records and registration processes.
7. Assists students with use of related technology and software.
8. Performs records and registration functions in Banner and other systems.
9. Ensures the department is able to adhere to customer service guidelines by providing accurate and timely service to students in person, by phone and text, and via email.
Listens to and understands student needs, and asks intuitive questions to ensure the student is helped appropriately or referred to the next level of assistance, or different department, when needed. Supports the department with fresh, innovative ideas and an ability to connect with target audiences. Resolves customer issues promptly and courteously. May serve on College committees as appropriate. Completes all other duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Registrar, the Records & Registration Generalist utilizes high-level customer service techniques in providing information and service to students, LMC employees and guests to the College.
Associate degree required. Two years of experience in clerical/administrative work strongly preferred. Experience in customer service, higher education or student services preferred. Strong follow-through and written and verbal communication skills needed. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy setting. Must be able to problem solve and work under limited supervision. Must be skilled in Microsoft Office. Experience with a student information system, such as Banner, is extremely helpful but not required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Summer hours from May- August
Official College transcripts required upon hire.
Virtual Campus tour:
Open Date: 06/17/2021
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3665
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.