University of Idaho
Division/College: University Advancement (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $82,743 or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The director of development is responsible for increasing major gift opportunities for the College of Engineering. Specific responsibilities include management of assigned prospects with cultivation activities, face-to-face visits, proposal development, identification and solicitation of major gifts primarily ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000 from individuals, corporations and foundations. The director is a key member of the college/unit fundraising team and works collaboratively to achieve fundraising goals for the college/unit.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related areas
- Experience working in an environment dependent on developing and maintaining positive relationships
- Experience with volunteer boards and committees
- Public relations or marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
- Experience or education in one of the college’s disciplines
- Experience in grant writing
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Effective organizational and marketing skills
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications, preferably with customer relationship management systems
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002865P
Posting Date: 06/16/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by July 13, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.