Campus Director - San Diego
Campus Director - San Diego
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Campus Director, under the direction of the , AVP of Student Experience, or designee, leads and executes the delivery of student services functions to supplement and enhance the academic experience, student retention, and graduation. Specific functions include: Campus Operations Student Advising, Accessibility Services, International Student Advising, Tutoring, Military/Veterans Affairs, Orientation, Commencement, and student issue resolution. The Campus Director will oversee day to day operations of the Campus and serve as the primary person responsible for local management decisions and actions.
The Campus Director will have a shared reporting relationship with other staff roles on the campus including IT, Facilities, Admissions and financial aid in a matrix environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Campus Director is responsible for the operational effectiveness, growth and successful day-to-day operation of assigned campus.
• Provide leadership, oversight and management for developing programs and services which support the University's vision of the recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation of students.
• Help to facilitate seamless integration of the student experience from the point of admission through transfer assessment and registration, course enrollment, and course/degree completion.
• Serve as the key person for the delivery of academic and student support services including student Advising, Accessibility Services, International Student Advising, Tutoring Military/Veterans Affairs, Orientation, Commencement, and student issue resolution.
• Serves as the Student Advisor for students enrolled at the Campus and uses independent judgement to monitor students' academic success through ongoing outreach, advising meetings, and daily monitoring of attendance list, non-financially cleared (NFC) list, and non-registered list. Assists students with registration, study plans, degree audits, transfer evaluation, advancement to candidacy, tuition payments, and financial aid resources.
• Develop, implement, and monitor a proactive advising model.
• Successfully implement strategies to increase retention and net promoter score.
• Problem solving for student issues and concerns. May serve as the student services liaison to SERC (Student Evaluation and Review Committee). Responsible for the implementation of student conduct procedures.
• Lead and facilitate a customer-centered environment that is responsive and provides high-quality, timely services to students; Assist program directors and faculty in the ongoing improvement of program related operating processes, procedures, and protocols, to operationalize and maintain academic standards.
• Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are upheld to assure compliance with the federal and state regulations, university policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (especially, Word & Excel), Campus Nexus Student (CNS) or equivalent student information databases.
• Supervision skills needed as well as advanced advising skills, effective organization and written and oral communication skills, substantial teaching and advising skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) with a diverse student, faculty and community is essential
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
• The position requires multi-tasking abilities, exceptional interpersonal/cross-cultural communication skills,
• A high degree of multicultural and international competency,
• The ability to organize and plan work, and the ability to complete tasks with accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a team player.
• Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines, and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Education: Master's degree in Education, Counseling or Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible higher education or closely related professional experience, preferably in graduate or professional education. Supervision experience of professional staff required. Demonstrated success in leading teams of diverse employees as well as experience with enlivening and fostering a climate that values and embraces all forms of human diversity.
• Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
• Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position).
• Applicants invited to interview should be prepared to provide three professional references.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Campus-Director-San-Diego-CA-92131/676986501/
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 147643
Date: May 19, 2021
Location: San Diego, CA, US, 92131