Administrative Support - J
Administrative Support - J
Department: Alumnae House Inn
Duration of Position: Full year / Part time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Hours subject to change as required.
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 06/11/2021
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS084P
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working primarily at the front desk at the Inn, this position provides administrative support to the Alumnae House Inn at Vassar College and reports to the Alumnae House Manager.
- Taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, assisting
guests with their needs during their stay and checking-out
- Processing and reconciling payments, maintaining a cash drawer,
taking inventory of sundries, and assisting with catered
- Processing various forms and following up to ensure completion.
- Scheduling appointments and providing telephone and / or fax
machine support including copying, scanning and / or filing
records, forms, or other information.
- Opening and sorting mail.
- Entering information into a computer database and running
- Reconciling information from forms, databases, or other sources
and maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is 30 hours/week and is eligible for college benefits. Hours are generally Monday through Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., but flexibility in schedule is often required as it may include weekends, and also include other days on occasion to cover for absences or peak workload periods.
- Clerical or administrative support experience and/or training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and pleasant
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and
Excel, are desired.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with a diverse
community of faculty, students, staff and other community members
providing responsive service.
- Must have a professional, problem-solving demeanor, good
judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational skills
and the ability to effectively manage deadlines and multiple,
- Must be reliable and able to maintain confidentiality.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1960.