Associate Director of Annual Giving
Strategizes and executes fundraising initiatives for donors at the annual giving level with primary responsibility as a mid-level professional. Responsible for assisting in a variety of initiatives including the employee giving campaign, mid-level program, direct mail, and digital outreach. Reports to the Senior Director of Annual Giving.
When you join Baylor College of Medicine, you become part of a dynamic team that continues to shape the healthcare landscape after more than 120 years. Baylor is a key driver of the explosive growth and sustained excellence of the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest group of biomedical institutions on Earth. Our world-renowned faculty educate the next generation of health professionals, research tomorrow's cures and treat patients at our co-owned CHI Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and at numerous affiliate hospitals and health centers across the TMC and Texas. We are committed to serving diverse communities in our region and around the world through a wide range of healthcare and educational outreach programs.
Home to the No. 1-ranked medical school in Texas, according to U.S. News & World Report, Baylor is the largest recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in the state. Our Department of Molecular and Human Genetics pioneered the field and is ranked first in the nation based on NIH support.
Baylor is an open and welcoming environment that values inclusion, collaboration and entrepreneurial thinking. A career at Baylor will provide you with an exciting opportunity to apply and grow your unique talents and skills toward our vision of improving health through science, scholarship and innovation.
- Manages a mid-level portfolio and cultivates donor relationships by updating, stewarding, and asking donors to deepen their financial partnership with organization
- Solicits and closes gifts from mid-level giving donors
- Face-to-face visits to select donors for cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship efforts
- Executes strategy through phone, email, and mail communication
- Learns about organization programs and projects and effectively communicates the mission to donors
- Qualify donors from the annual giving prospect pool to move to mid-level
- Build and deepen relationship with mid-level donor prospect pool to then qualify donors to move to Major Gifts
- Work in partnership with the Major Gifts team to facilitate a smooth transition to major gifts for qualified donors
- Cultivate mid-level donors by reporting back, stewarding, and, when appropriate, asking donors for a gift of support
- Ensure the database is kept up to date on key donor information, notes on calls, passions and interests, and reasons for moving the donor to major gifts or back to Annual Giving
- Work with program leadership on direct response efforts, peer-to-peer fundraising efforts, and mid-level fundraising tactics
- Assist in developing strategies for new donor acquisition and growth
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, Public Relations, or other related field of study
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in annual giving program
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience communicating with community stakeholders required
- Technical proficiency and knowledge (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to work with highly confidential materials
- Demonstrated personal initiative and team player with a positive attitude and professional appearance
- Ability to work across multiple deadlines
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston