Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
Official TSU Title
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR PHARMACY PRACTICE
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
This tenure track faculty position in the Department of Pharmacy
Practice and Administration will teach professional pharmacy
courses, develop ambulatory or internal medicine practice site,
precept and train pharmacy interns in the IPPE and APPE
experiential programs. Engages in scholarly research. Serves on
departmental and college committees. Participates in professional
activities including internal and external conferences and
seminars. Other duties within the range of skills normally
associated with a faculty position of this classification in an
evolving teaching and learning environment within an integrated
learner-centered academic program.
Essential Duties Summary
• Teaches didactic and experiential programs in classroom, online,
laboratory, and institutional settings (include clinical site
development and patient care services provision).
• Engages in active clinical scholarly activities.
• Provides services to College, University and Community.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$73,762.00 - $95,890.00
Doctor of Pharmacy and completion of a PG1 – ASHP accredited
residency, and or Fellowship.
Must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and completed an
accredited Pharmacy residency and or Fellowship. Applicant must be
a registered pharmacist in the State of Texas or eligible for
licensure. Board eligible or certified.
Texas Pharmacist License or eligible for Licensure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Contemporary Pharmacy Practice and related disciplines.
• Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
• Problem-solving and decision-making.
• Strong time management.
• Interpersonal communication.
• Both verbal and written communication.
• Prepare detailed reports.
• Lead the development or modification of work procedures in the
discipline or function for virtually any situation.
• Work independently.
• Strong commitment to teaching and scholarship.
Prior experience as a faculty member at a school/college of
pharmacy (2-3 years is desirable). Patient care practice and
demonstrated strength in teaching. Prior teaching in evidence-based
practice courses as well as other areas of the Doctor of Pharmacy
curriculum. Prior scholarly activity in an area of interest is
Prolonged standing and/or walking.
Handling light weight objects.
Using or carrying equipment.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Doctor of Pharmacy and completion of a PG1 –
ASHP accredited residency, and or Fellowship?
- * Are you a License Texas Pharmacist or eligible for Licensure?
- * Do you have prior experience as a faculty member at a
school/college of pharmacy? (2-3 years is desirable).
- * Do you have patient care practice and demonstrated strength
- * Do you have prior teaching in evidence-based practice courses
as well as other areas of the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum?
- * Do you have prior scholarly activity in an area of interest?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3