Administrative Assistant II - Brueggeman Center 999827
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time, 37.5 hours/week position to provide administrative, budgetary, and clerical support for the Brueggeman Center for Dialogue, the Community Building Institute (CBI), and some functions of Government Relations. The primary responsibilities of this position (approximately 27 hours/week) are related to the Brueggeman Center, which collaborates with constituents internal and external to Xavier University in advancing interfaith, sustainability, and social justice projects. The other responsibilities of the position (approximately 10 hours/week) are related to the Community Building Institute, which works with communities to develop a coordinated plan of improvement that incorporates all the major elements a community needs to really thrive (housing, schools, health care, transportation, jobs and business); and the responsibility of supporting Government Relations activities with local and regional agencies. The division of time is flexible to accommodate high-need times for these respective offices.
As the liaison between the personnel residing in the Brueggeman Center and multiple community partners as well as Xavier faculty, students, and staff, the person in this position needs strong oral and written communication skills, and must be able to work effectively with diverse populations. In addition, the ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office, web editing software, and other technical systems (e.g., Banner).
- Coordinating logistics for events and programs, including making speaker arrangements, overseeing catering needs, managing registrations, setting and cleaning up spaces.
- Managing communication, including monitoring and sending email, updating websites, creating flyers, and building and distributing surveys.
- Monitoring and managing budgets, using Banner, Excel, and Quickbooks.
- Supporting contract and grant management.
- Serving as an active member of the offices by engaging in department meetings, programs and planning.
- Coordinating the Brueggeman Fellows Program, including arranging international travel.
- Serving as Building Manager of the Brueggeman Center facility.
- Creating the reports and managing data of the Brueggeman Center, CBI, and Government Relations.
- Managing purchase-card reconciliation.
- Ordering and managing the stock of supplies.
- High school diploma with 3-5 years administrative experience.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with event planning.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Experience with managing budgets.
Preferred Qualifications, in addition to all of the above:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience interacting with diverse religious communities.
- Experience with Banner and Xavier Buy.
Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by July 5, 2021 . Candidates are asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati