Quantitative Research Methods and International Economics-non tenure track
The School of International Service (SIS) at American University (AU) invites applications for a term faculty appointment for AY 21-22 for a scholar with specialization in international economics who can also teach research design and quantitative methods.
The position is intended for a person who would teach courses three undergraduate and/or graduate courses per semester. All faculty are expected to hold office hours and participate in School and University activities and service. Applicants should share the School's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The position will primarily teach courses related to introductory statistics and international economics. The ideal candidate would also be able to teach other economics courses related to international affairs (e.g. development economics) and/or other methods courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Rank will be dependent on experience and stature in the field. The appointment is a full-time, non-tenure, 9-month term position and will commence on August 1, 2021.
Salary is competitive. Review of applications will begin on July 2, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to on-going budgetary approval.
Applicants should hold a PhD or the highest equivalent degree in a social science discipline by the start date, though highly qualified and experienced practitioners with equivalent (MA/MS and ten years of relevant professional experience) will also be considered.
Review of applications will begin in July 2, 2021 .
- Applications must be submitted electronically via Interfolio application system.
- Attach a letter of application that addresses affinities with relevant teaching areas (international economics, development economics, methods).
- Attach a statement describing past examples of your contributions to diversity and inclusion in the classroom and/or in other professional settings.
- Attach teaching evaluations sample syllabus, if applicable and/or evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Attach a 1-page statement of teaching philosophy
- You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of three references and to request that the Interfolio system contact them for a confidential letter of recommendation.
Queries about the search may be sent to Professor Austin Hart (email@example.com). Queries about the online application system may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Economics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.