ID & PDME-non tenure track
The School of International Service (SIS) at American University (AU) invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty appointment for AY 21-22 for a scholar or experienced practitioner specializing in international development who is also familiar with program design, monitoring and evaluation.
The position is intended for a person who would teach courses three undergraduate and/or graduate courses per semester. All faculty are expected to hold office hours and participate in School and University activities and service. Applicants should share the School's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The position will primarily teach courses related to international development. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach methods courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. The ideal candidate will be able to teach courses on program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
Rank will be dependent on experience and stature in the field. The appointment is a full-time, non-tenure, 9-month term position and will commence on August 1, 2021.
Salary is competitive. Review of applications will begin on July 2, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to on-going budgetary approval.
Applicants should hold a PhD or the highest equivalent degree in a social science discipline by the start date or an experienced practitioner with equivalent (MA/MS and ten years of professional experience).
Review of applications will begin in July 2, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Applications must be submitted electronically via Interfolio.
- Attach a letter of application that addresses affinities with relevant teaching areas (international development, methods).
- Attach a statement describing past examples of your contributions to diversity and inclusion in the classroom and/or in other professional settings.
- Attach teaching evaluations and sample syllabus,, if applicable and/or evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Attach a 1-page statement of teaching philosophy
- You will be asked to submit the names and email addresses of three references and request that Interfolio contact them for a confidential letter of recommendation.
Queries about the search may be sent to the search committee chair, Dr. Gina Lambirght (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Queries about the online application system may be sent to email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Arts Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.