Athletic Events and Facilities Intern
The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages applications for an Athletic Events and Facilities Intern! This position supports the University of Colorado athletic department with primary focus on Athletic Facility and Event Management. This position will provide professional assistance to the Director CU Events Center and Game Day Operations. This position will focus on the operations and events taking place at the CU Events Center, as well as assigned Olympic sports. This position will also be responsible for the daily supervision and maintenance of the Athletic Facilities including event preparation and event management.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletics Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the PAC 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Event and Facility Management:
- Oversee creation, implementation, and execution of assigned athletic department events.
- Responsible for the successful hosting and game day operations for assigned Athletic Department home games and events.
- Responsible for the event planning and management for external events held within the CU Events Center.
- Assist in managing all duties for all events, including intercollegiate, campus and special events; which include but are not limited to setting up for the event, assisting to areas of need during the event and breaking down the event.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments of Athletics for various needs pertaining to assigned games and matches.
- Responsible for daily facility reviews of selected facilities; work closely with internal and external constituencies to coordinate facility and maintenance tasks.
- Manage and supervise student employees.
- Coordinate student hiring.
- Schedule and coordinate students during events to assist, set-up facility and complete tasks throughout the event as needed.
- Track, manage student payroll budget and submit payroll for all student employees.
Visiting Team Operations:
- Serve as primary liaison for visiting teams including practices and competitions.
- Develop visiting team guides and manuals providing essential information for all teams coming to campus.
- Coordinate practice schedules and oversight in conjunction with CUEC facility scheduler.
Chip's Corral Management:
- Oversee schedule of set up and breakdown of Chip’s Corral in coordination with Director of CU Events Center and Game Day Operations.
- Schedule and oversee CU club sports teams and /or CUAD facilities student staff during events to assist, set-up facility and breakdown needs.
- Track and manage Chip’s Corral payroll budget and submit invoices for all club teams and student employees.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise. Urgent issues that come up may not be expected. These issues may not be facility related, but may be athletic program related within regards to practices and competitions.
- Emergency issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but nonetheless are the highest of priorities and should be dealt with accordingly.
What You Should Know
- This is a 9-month full-time position generally required to work 40 hours a week. There will be evening and weekend work based off of event schedules as well as the need to work more than 40 hours a week.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this 9 month position is $26,676.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adventurous. Be Challenged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience in event and facility operations. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Significant evening and weekend hours.
- Willingness to work beyond a 40-hour/week schedule to manage events that may be scheduled on evenings, weekends and / or holidays.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated organizational ability and a strict attention to detail.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as it applies to events, donors, student-athletes and venues.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of protocol and etiquette and the ability to employ tact in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated capability to work closely with diverse teams of people to accomplish complex tasks and initiative on schedule and on budget.
- Excellent computer skills including ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, desktop publishing programs and databases.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One to two years of experience in event planning and managing game day and other events.
- Previous experience managing student staff.
- Experience operating a forklift, or ability to learn.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder