Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations (14959)
American University seeks a proactive, strategic and entrepreneurial Director of Corporate and Foundation Relation with the knowledge and skills to aggressively prioritize six and seven-figure grants and gifts from foundations, corporations and other private grant-making organizations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Director will work with senior university leadership, faculty and staff to help guide and pursue funding opportunities that advance university priorities and strengths. The position also liaises with Development Officers to help inform engagement of individual prospects affiliated with corporations and/or foundations
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of approximately 50 complex and diverse CFR prospects for institutional research and projects, and providing quality stewardship to promote long-term relationships with the university
- Applying knowledge of university priorities and core areas of strength to the development and implementation of corporate and foundation strategies in collaboration with senior administrators, faculty and staff
- Assisting senior administration and faculty in the preparation of proposals and other communication support, and at times assuming the full responsibility for proposal development from start to finish
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with colleagues, faculty, and university officials, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, professionalism and discretion
- Assisting the Senior Director with administrative responsibilities required to manage the CFR office
- Other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work is required during peak times.
- The worker normally performs their job indoors in an office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Team Leader A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 Years' with substantive experience and specialized expertise in the full range of skills directly related to the position
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's Degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Discretion, Tact & Diplomacy: Ability to exercise discretion, tact and diplomacy while interacting with students, faculty, university staff, management and other stakeholders on confidential and/or sensitive matters.
- Communication- Advanced: Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, using language with precision; constructing logical arguments; accurate note taking, editing and summarizing; and writing reports or correspondence free of spelling and grammatical errors. Ability to engage in active and empathetic listening and communicate with a service minded orientation.
- Thoroughness in Reviewing Work: Ability to review ones own and others work and information to ensure completeness and accuracy; carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; organize information or materials for others; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled; set up procedures to ensure high quality of work.
- Communication- Oral: Oral Communication skills: Organizing and expressing thoughts and information orally in a clear, concise manner, meeting the requirements of the audience. Engages in active listening while seeking and accepting feedback in anon-defensive manner. Readily shares pertinent knowledge and information to co-workers and customers. Demonstrates effective listening skills and asks questions; offers input for positive results.
- Communication- Persuasive: Persuasive Communication skills: Planning and delivering communications through one or more communication channels that make an impact and persuade the intended audience; identifies and presents information that will have a strong effect and elicit the desired response; selects language and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience; uses stories and analogies to illustrate a point; leverages graphical presentations and illustrations that display information clearly with high impact; presents several different arguments in support of a position; conveys technical subject matter to a non-technical audience through the development of briefings, presentations, web content or social media which incorporate the results of analysis and informative graphics to convey the story and/or recommendations.
- Project Management: Project management skills, through experience demonstrating activities such as: project planning, resource estimating, tracking/oversight, scheduling tasks, negotiating deliverables, project administration and status reporting.
- Written Communication skills: Expressing oneself clearly and concisely, using language with precision; constructing logical arguments; accurate note taking, editing and summarizing; and writing reports or correspondence free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.