Human Resource Generalist
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR activities that support the College’s goals. The HR Generalist creates, maintains, and upholds applicable HR policies, procedures, and regulations throughout the organization. This role is to support employees and management with a variety of services such as training, recruiting, employment law compliance, group benefits plans, employee relations, and HRIS reporting. The largest responsibility of this position pertains to managing the on-boarding, off-boarding, recruitment, and hiring of new employees.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Develop and communicate employee benefits procedures, programs, and vendor options. Resolve employee questions related to benefits plans and data in a timely manner and consult with vendor partners as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all benefits-related data entered through online data terminals, primarily recording employee lifecycles or qualifying events.
- Oversee the talent acquisition process for all supervisors, internal candidates, and external candidates, including ad posting, interviews, offers, and onboarding.
- Serve as representative of College to 1) warmly welcome new hires to the organization by completing thorough required documentation and informative onboarding processes, 2) legally exit employees as necessary through resignation, termination, retirement, layoff, etc.
- Continually research and propose new processes, programs, and ideas to attract, retain, and engage high potential employees at all levels of the organization.
- Work closely with HR Director to design and implement high-quality management development, training, and risk management programs throughout the organization.
- Stay abreast of all new HR trends and applicable legal compliance updates to educate supervisors and the leadership team.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on HRIS reporting and troubleshooting.
- Facilitate employee tuition exchange program in collaboration with other colleges and universities.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Oversee reconciliation of monthly health plan eligibility reports and invoices.
- Prepare special reports and records.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Indirectly supervise a small number of student employees that occasionally interface in Human Resources projects. Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with college policies and applicable employment laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; maintaining personnel records; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
- Requires education generally equivalent to a related Bachelor’s Degree, such as Communications, Business, Management, or Human Resources.
- PHR certification desired.
- Requires a minimum of one to three years of similar professional Human Resources/Benefits experience.
- Prior Workday system experience is preferred
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, faculty members, leadership team, vendors, and candidates. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Requires proven skill in the areas of team building, problem-solving, conflict management, and employee relations.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone, printer, scanner, and computer keyboard.
- Requires ability to travel occasionally to conduct college business.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must regularly sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work is performed in an office environment at the Carthage Campus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and typical, depending on the work travel environment.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha