Student Engagement Coordinator
Working within the Student Involvement & Leadership office, this position coordinates, develops, administers and evaluates effective student engagement programs for a vibrant campus community. This involves responsibility for ongoing development and management of DSUSA Stampede student section and Athletics mascot, including supervision, training, coordination and management. This position is also responsible for the evaluation and assessment of all student engagement activities that the Student Involvement and Leadership (SI&L) office oversees or participates in. Additional information about Student Engagement can be found online at https://studentaffairs.dixie.edu/student-engagement/ .
- Responsible for evaluation and analysis of all student engagement activities that the Student Involvement and Leadership office participates in and/or oversees.
- Gather, manage and produce assessment data for all SI&L programs.
- Maintain accurate records and tracking for DSUSA activities and events.
- Administer and direct the pre and post-event evaluation process for DSUSA.
- Directly advise the DSUSA Stampede student section and
Athletics mascot, Brooks the Bison. This includes:
- Meeting weekly with the DSUSA Stampede President to ensure clear direction and compliance with university guidelines, procedures, and protocols.
- Ongoing development and management of the DSUSA Stampede staff, including supervision and training and the development of new marketing strategies.
- Oversee proper purchasing procedures for the spending of Stampede funds and monitor budgets appropriately.
- Coordinate requests and schedule appearances for Brooks the Bison on campus, in the community and at private events. Coordinate performances and involvement for home sporting events and non-athletic events.
- Ensure that the Stampede and Mascot attend home football and basketball games (along with other home sporting events as greed by SI&L and Athletics).
- Publicize, promote, recruit, prepare for and hold auditions to select new performers as the mascot each year. Assist in preparing an annual training workshop for mascot, working in conjunction with cheer and dance.
- Train student leaders on effective event planning strategies, game management strategies, state and national laws, and campus policies as they pertain to student involvement. Assist with spring, fall, and winter training retreats of DSUSA leaders.
- Develop strategies to increase student engagement on campus, and a plan to actively engage students at Dixie State University, with a focus on spirit squad activities.
- Partner with the Athletics department in game management and to
enhance the fan experience. This includes:
- Coordinating with the DSU Band during football and basketball season for University-sanctioned appearances and performances.
- Coordinate music with the Athletics and Facilities’ sound system crews.
- Attend weekly game management meetings.
- Work closely with Athletics personnel to support varsity sports.
- Remain current on theory, practices, techniques, rules, regulations and protocol related to student sections, events, student engagement and marketing. Remain current with all campus auxiliary services, community groups and businesses that students may wish to utilize.
- Serve on a variety of University and state-wide committees representing Student Involvement & Leadership, such as D-Week and Homecoming, statewide UPSIL conference, Utah Leadership Academy, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Student Services, Education, Public Administration, Communication, Organizational Behavior, Management or closely related field required. Master’s degree or post-graduate coursework preferred.
- Minimum of one-year directly-related Student Involvement & Leadership experience required. Experience advising student groups and/or in assessment, review and evaluation processes preferred.
- Prior experience in event planning, advising, and supervising of students.
- Understanding of program review and pre/post event evaluation processes.
- Awareness of current trends, research, and related issues in educational leadership or student affairs.
- Familiarity with student development, communication, and group dynamic principles.
- Knowledge of risk management and liability issues, and basic group supervision principles.
- Strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $40,000. Desired start date of August 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins at 1:00 pm on July 1 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George