Welcome Center Coordinator
Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions is accepting applications for a Welcome Center Coordinator. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester Virginia.
The Office of Admissions is the central office responsible for the recruitment of new students to Shenandoah University. The Welcome Center Coordinator plays a critical, pivotal role in that responsibility. This employee and their team of student employees are the public face and voice of the University, providing campus visitors with a first, lasting impression. This includes in-person, phone and email correspondence. On average, the Welcome Center hosts over 1,000 prospective freshmen, transfer, and graduate student visits per year and responds to over 10,000 phone calls and emails per year. The Welcome Center Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, organization, and execution of these visits, ensuring each visitor has a positive experience.
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Visit Experience, the Welcome Center Coordinator serves as the Admissions Office liaison with the athletic department and faculty across the University, facilitating the flow of information during the recruitment cycle. The Welcome Center Coordinator represents the University by ensuring all admissions-related constituents experience a caring and friendly attitude, a helpful and professional demeanor, and the receipt of accurate, timely information setting the stage for a positive and productive SU experience.
The Welcome Center Coordinator must function as an integral member of the student recruitment team and work collaboratively with other members of the Admissions staff to achieve new student enrollment goals. This will require an in-depth knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of other staff members, the timing of the varied admissions cycles and the academic calendar, as well as campus operations.
- Recruit new students through the use of noteworthy customer service and hospitality in order to create an exceptional visit experience
- Executing and helping to shape the vision and tone for the welcome experience
- Managing phone and email communications for the department in a professional, helpful manner, providing in-depth and accurate information, and transferring calls when necessary to the most appropriate person or office
- Employing broad knowledge of the University’s academic, athletic, and student life programs to communicate and assist admissions constituents
- Hiring, developing, scheduling, and supervising a group of student employees who will assist with executing the vision and tone for the welcome experience
- Effectively managing the logistical coordination of each prospective student’s visit
- Responsible for staffing the Welcome Center during Saturday Visits and other ad hoc on-campus events
- Creating and maintaining a master calendar to identify admissions counselors’ work schedule, location, and availability to meet with visitors. When counselors are unavailable, the coordinator will contact the counselor to follow up with the prospective student or family.
- Using data and feedback from campus partners to continually improve the campus visit experience
- Serving as a liaison to the athletics department; including, but not limited to: providing regular status reports, responding to coaches’ questions about a recruit’s application status, and assisting with coordinating campus visits for recruits
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and phone skills
- Excellent customer service/hospitality skills
- Attentive, positive, caring, outgoing, and professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with a high level of efficiency
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
- Experience working in higher education, customer service, hospitality, or similar environment preferred
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester