Administrative Assistant, Integrated Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for an administrative assistant in the Integrated Studies Office. This position will serve as an integral role within the Student Support Network/Integrated Studies. For many perspective applicants, this person will be their first point of contact regarding Integrated Studies and will serve as their point of reference throughout the program. The person in this role will work closely with the Director and Assistant Director of Integrated Studies to create stronger and more efficient customer service processing for all participants.
This position is expected to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, they must be organized, have superb research skills and must be an exceptional communicator with a keen interest in providing reliable and accurate support to leadership and management while working with confidential information. They must possess incredible problem solving and office coordination skills and exhibit excellent time management.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual salary is $39,902.00 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of advanced clerical or para-professional experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Methodical thinker with detailed research proficiencies.
- Thorough understanding of clerical and secretarial principles.
- Strong knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Independent judgement, personal responsibility, and anticipatory thinking.
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments; a sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Strong sense of diplomacy, responsibility, and tact.
- A high degree of integrity, adherence to confidentiality and have a high commitment to the University.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to pursue and adopt new ideas, information and technology, and process and summarize information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Agility to communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds and demonstrate sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Successful interview (Including Clerical Testing)
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Experience with web page maintenance.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience using Banner and Brio.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville