Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; and provide service to
the College, University and Community.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teaches graduate level Physician Assistant students.
Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus
sites within our region.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
with 18 credit hours in areas credentialed.
NCCPA certification for Physician Assistants.
Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution in one of
the following fields: Osteopathic Physician (DO); Allopathic
Physician (MD); Ph.D. in related medical/science field; Medical
Sciences; Health Sciences; Health Education; Public Health; Public
Administration with emphasis in Health Care; Health Services
Research; Education with an emphasis in Health.
ACLS or CPR certified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.