Colloquium, Adjunct Faculty
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology.
Assignments will include teaching at the undergraduate levels. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
To teach IDS 3920, University Colloquium: A Sustainable Future, a 3 credit hour course.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Education and/or experience related to sustainability.
One year teaching experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers