Youth Leadership Peer Support Specialist - Youth Housing Stability Project
Job Code/Title 83001 - H - Research Coordinator 1 Position Number HU1489 Working Title Youth Leadership Peer Support Specialist - Youth Housing Stability Project Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $30 per hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15 hrs/week Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours some evenings required Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Youth Leadership Peer Support Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day activities required to support the grant goals of a collaborative, community-wide effort to end youth homelessness in the Richmond region through a project that centers the leadership of youth and young adults with lived experience. Specifically, duties include:
- Support the Youth Leadership Coordinator in activities to recruit youth and young adults into leadership roles and activities through the project.
- Support existing youth and young adult leaders in the effort to end youth homelessness to design training modules for youth-serving organizations.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and documentation for work done by experienced youth and young adult leaders.
-Identify community partners who would benefit from training modules designed by youth and young adult leaders.
- Actively participate as a member of the Youth Housing Stability Coalition.
- Serve as a role model for engagement in Youth Housing Stability Coalition meetings and activities, and support new and emerging youth leaders as they engage in these activities.
- Maintain necessary documentation to report on progress toward project goals.
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
- Previous experience working as a youth or young adult leader, preferably in the area of housing and homelessness or related social issues
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage one’s time effectively, meet deadlines and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining youth-centered spaces.
- Lived experience expertise with housing instability and/or system involvement preferred.
Job Open Date 06/17/2021 Remove from posting on or before 07/09/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107005 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond