83001 - H - Research Coordinator 1
Youth Leadership Peer Support Specialist - Youth Housing
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
$30 per hour
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Monday - Friday
Normal work hours
some evenings required
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the
Description of the Job
The Youth Leadership Peer Support Specialist will be responsible
for day-to-day activities required to support the grant goals of a
collaborative, community-wide effort to end youth homelessness in
the Richmond region through a project that centers the leadership
of youth and young adults with lived experience. Specifically,
- Support the Youth Leadership Coordinator in activities to recruit
youth and young adults into leadership roles and activities through
- Support existing youth and young adult leaders in the effort to
end youth homelessness to design training modules for youth-serving
- Coordinate meeting logistics and documentation for work done by
experienced youth and young adult leaders.
-Identify community partners who would benefit from training
modules designed by youth and young adult leaders.
- Actively participate as a member of the Youth Housing Stability
- Serve as a role model for engagement in Youth Housing Stability
Coalition meetings and activities, and support new and emerging
youth leaders as they engage in these activities.
- Maintain necessary documentation to report on progress toward
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per
- Previous experience working as a youth or young adult leader,
preferably in the area of housing and homelessness or related
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage one’s time effectively, meet
deadlines and communicate effectively with multiple
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining
- Lived experience expertise with housing instability and/or system
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document