Director of Social Media for Basketball
University Code 11912 University Title Administrator 2, Athletics University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Scope of Search Regional Working Title Director of Social Media for Basketball Position Number 593010 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Director of Social Media for Basketball is responsible for content creation and the day-to-day management of the VCU Athletics men’s and women’s basketball social media accounts in an effort to attract, communicate, and engage with all audience members. This position is responsible for writing, editing, and coordinating the production of social media strategies and posts. Channels include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TicTok, YouTube, etc. This role will help shape and maintain the social presences for VCU Athletics, student-athletes, and coaches. Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations, this position will create social media strategies based on the department’s needs and industry best practices, develop methods for evaluating effectiveness by way of data analytics and evaluation of success/engagement metrics for plan initiatives and overseeing the team(s) responsible of carrying out central VCU Athletics social media communication.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism, or a related major from an accredited college or university or the experience and skills equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree;
• 2+ years of experience in social media management in collegiate athletics setting;
• Deep knowledge and proven results of crafting and implementing innovative social media growth strategies;
• Demonstrated working experience with the Adobe Creative Suite;
• Strong planning and organizational skills;
• Excellent verbal, written, computer, and personal relations skills;
• Ability to deliver quality work in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
• Ability to work an irregular schedule including, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
• Ability and willingness to travel for various athletic games and events as needed; and
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at VCU throughout creative work, operations and interpersonal relationships; a commitment to working with multicultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting minorities and ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree;
• Photography and graphic design experience;
• Demonstrated measurable success in social media engagement growth at the collegiate level; and
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of social media analytics.
• Demonstrated passion and knowledge for the sports of men’s and women’s basketball.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information
The priority deadline for this position is Friday, July 2, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be required) Job Open Date 06/17/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107041 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite?
- * Do you have experience using social media as a means to
promote sporting events and/or athletics programs?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond