Athletics Administrative Coordinator
University Code 19031 University Title Administrative Coordinator 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Athletics Administrative Coordinator Position Number 593020 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The chief purpose of the Athletics Administrative Coordinator position is to provide administrative support to the Athletics Human Resources & Student-Athlete Services unit. Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Athletics for Administration & Chief Diversity Officer, the Athletics Administrative Coordinator provides administrative human resources support as well as general athletics administrative support (in the areas of game contract management, policy management, records management, etc.). The Athletics Administrative Coordinator also assists in the coordination and administration of programs, initiatives, and practices designed to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within VCU Athletics.
The Athletics Administrative Coordinator administers grant-in-aid processes and facilitates student-athlete on-boarding activities (related to housing, dining, etc.) in conjunction with the Director of Employee & Student-Athlete Services. Finally, the Athletics Administrative Coordinator acts as the primary contact and coordinator of the VCU Athletics Internship Program. This position requires the use of discretion and judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and works to further VCU Athletics’ overall mission and strategic goals.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Sports Administration, Sports Leadership, HR Management, or a related field or the experience and skills equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree;
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an intercollegiate Athletics Department;
- 2-3 years’ of demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, NCAA Division I compliance regulations;
- Demonstrated experience managing complex administrative tasks within an intercollegiate athletics department or another department within a college or university setting;
- Ability to work independently with exceptional organizational, problem solving prioritizing, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Masters degree in Business Management, Administration, Sports Administration, Sports Leadership, HR Management, or a related field;
- background or experience in human resources processes
- 3 or more years’ experience working in an intercollegiate Athletics Department;
- Experience working directly with collegiate student-athletes from a wide variety of backgrounds;
- Experience with social media (i.e. account management for Twitter and Instagram);
- Experience using TeamWorks;
- Experience as a member of a diversity, equity, or inclusion committee or prior work experience as a diversity, equity, and inclusion administrator – preferably within an intercollegiate athletic setting; and
- Experience with grant-in-aid, housing, and dining processes for Division-I collegiate student-athletes.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Up to $45,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 06/17/2021 Posting will close on or before 06/25/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107036 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have previous experience coordinating and managing in
an administrative capacity within a collegiate athletic setting?
- * Are you familiar with NCAA financial aid regulations?
- * Do you have experience in Human Resources?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond