Social Media Coordinator
Posting Number S01417 Position Title Social Media Coordinator Internal Position Title Social Media Coordinator Department Public Relations & Marketing Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
College of Lake County has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Media Coordinator!!! Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will represent CLC within our social media channels, develop engaging content, cultivate digital audiences and implement strategic communications processes and projects.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019. Required Qualification
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or related field.
2. A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in developing and managing social media campaigns, including experience in using large platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Nextdoor to reach and regularly interact with customers and constituents.
3. A minimum of one year of demonstrated experience in public relations, media relations, journalism, or related experience.
• Exceptional project management skills; ability to manage multiple, high-priority or complex projects at once.
• Ability to act creatively, pragmatically, and analytically as your daily work requires.
• History as an effective self-starter with ability to project manage large-scale efforts independently.
• Drive to take initiative when needed while balancing team approach to a social content and communications practice.
• Skills for getting things done quickly without sacrificing quality, ability to prioritize for top impact.
• Proven problem-solving skills with ability to generate creative ideas and break those solutions down into iterative improvements.
• Passion for deep storytelling, simplifying complex topics, connecting people to value and genuine excitement for well-done social content across a variety of platforms.
• High standards for grammatical accuracy and joy for writing creatively or succinctly for mediums ranging from blog posts to press releases.
• Experience writing and editing short-form content for web and social media.
• Experience effectively coaching and supporting teammates, including content creators, designers, writers and influencers.
• A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Nextdoor, LinkedIn, Google and YouTube with previous strategic social media experience.
• Experience in building successful digital marketing campaigns including sponsored ads on social platforms with an eye for user experience and effective communication.
• Strong understanding of social media metrics (use, targeting, analytics) and ability to identify and deliver upon clearly articulated social content metrics.
• Remain current with the latest in social media and emerging trends within the digital and social media space.
• Ability to travel occasionally to attend events and graduation(s). Desired Qualifications
Portfolio featuring a variety of written, visual and/or video content used across web channels is a plus.
Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms; digital asset management; video & photography
Bilingual in Spanish and English Posting Date Closing Date 08/13/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Applicants should include links of their work. Candidates selected to interview must show portfolio with content or relevant social media samples.
Candidates may be given a social media exercise to complete. Pay Rate $47,488 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Portfolio EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
Project Leadership: 35%
• Coordinates and creates social media content creation including planning, original writing, creative direction and development, compliance approvals and distribution.
• Oversees social media accounts’ design (e.g. covers, profile pictures, channel layouts, etc.)
• Plans paid social media advertising strategies and budgets
• Strategically reviews and moderates all user-generated content from the online community within forums, comments, images, and videos
• Produces reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues, and outcomes.
• Communicates and resolves issues with followers.
• Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
• Identifies and escalates priority issues with the proper information and details.“
• Incorporates optimization strategies, analyze data and research best ways to increase engagement, awareness, and conversions.
• Serves as project manager for video projects with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors
• Manages the social media student takeover process; serves as main point of contact for student takeovers
Strategic Leadership and Planning: 30%
• Develops and implements social media strategies, campaigns and ongoing content calendars that foster brand awareness and maximize engagement with our varied audiences on our social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Nextdoor and Google.
• Performs research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences; monitors and analyzes competitive social media strategies and trends
• Secures new internal and external content partnerships.
• Guides, educates, and influences college-wide social media efforts; demonstrate the ability to educate others in proper utilization of social media tools.
• Reviews analytics of campaigns and develops interpretation, recommendations and growth strategy.
• Creates digital content, including but not limited to simple graphics, photography, and short videos.
Department Operations and Procedures: 30%
• Promotes the visibility of social media messages and interactions within CLC via the timely sharing of positive interactions/feedback and monthly reporting and analysis
• Drives engagement with social media influencers and user-generated content.
• Maintains consistent interaction with our audiences and stakeholders to ensure ongoing relevance and effectiveness of the brand.
• Handles the brand’s content that align with social updates; create engaging written and visual content.
• Builds the digital community audience
Other Duties as Assigned:
• Serves as advisor or executes social content for CLC campuses as needed.
• Other social, content or communications projects and tasks as assigned to support college initiatives.”
• Crisis management support on social
• Supervisor and mentor to student worker Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications,
Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of demonstrated
experience in developing and managing social media campaigns,
including experience in using large platforms such as Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Nextdoor to reach and regularly
interact with customers and constituents?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of demonstrated experience
in public relations, media relations, journalism, or related
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Media Portfolio
- Design Portfolio
- Unofficial Transcript 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake