Coordinates and administers a financial aid program which awards
scholarships, grants, or other forms of student financial
assistance. Coordinates related programs and services that will
meet the internship and career needs of students and
- Resolves general and complex awards issues by utilizing
financial aid management system to analyze applications against
criteria and availability, as well as make adjustments, additions,
- Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as
potential and existing scholarship donors regarding recipient
information, selection process, and other award criteria.
- Counsels students and parents concerning available financial
assistance opportunities and reviews unusual circumstance
- Ensures awards are appropriately disbursed and credited to
students' accounts. Resolves unusual problems and serves as liaison
between students and lenders, donors, and guarantee agencies.
- Works with deans and other college administrators and faculty
to assure that recruiting and other college goals and student needs
are being met.
- Reviews financial aid recipients' academic performance for
satisfactory progress; takes necessary action if progress is not
being met, and reviews appeals.
- Participates in career fairs, orientations, and other events as
needed to promote awareness of financial assistance available to
- Works with potential and existing employers concerning job and
internship opportunities, including arranging receptions and
seminars whereby external entities discuss employment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly
job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Will consider experience in lieu of education.
Will consider education in lieu of experience.