Program Director, Startup Operations - (STA007547)
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director Startup Development, manages and supports assigned start-up related operations, innovation community outreach, startup resources, and educational programming at the Technology Bridge. Oversees and supports a portfolio of UH-related and non-UH startup companies, typically early stage technologies within 0-5 years after discovery. Manages Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation internal grant programs and acts as the interface with other UH startup related activities. Supports and manages venture mentoring activities for early-stage companies, faculty entrepreneurs, and other members of the UH innovation/startup community.
- In collaboration with OTTI Director(s), develops and manages the portfolio of UH research related startups and non-UH early stage companies.
- Assists, in collaboration with the Technology Commercialization team, in identifying UH technologies and inventors who may be good candidates for a startup.
- Facilitates and manages internal OTTI grant programs to help faculty commercialize emerging technology, in collaboration with OTTI Directors and internal/external advisors.
- Directs assigned Technology Bridge collaborations for startup programs and events with the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship, Red Labs, and other UH startup-related organization activities.
- Contributes and provides input to OTTI Director(s) in setting goals for the startup portfolio within the overall OTTI strategy.
- Supports and assists, in collaboration with Technology Commercialization team, the licensing of UH IP to early-stage startups and companies at the Technology Bridge.
- Partners with OTTI Director(s) in the development and management of new startup development programs, startup training series, and cohort-based programs implemented to support the development and growth for the early stage ventures.
- Manages, in collaboration with the Associate Director-Startup Development, ongoing mentoring activities, operational needs, and tracking of venture mentoring services provided at Technology Bridge.
- Represents OTTI to internal and external constituents, under the oversight of the Associate Director - Startup Development and/or Executive Director of OTTI.
- Engages with internal and external parties to provide guidance and support to navigate UH operational and policy-driven processes related to startups and entrepreneurial activities. May manage support staff and volunteers such as assigned administrative support and interns, Entrepreneurs-In-Residence, and industry mentors. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Education: Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Will consider education in lieu of experience.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston