Administrative Associate II, Psychology
The Psychology department invites applications for an Administrative Associate II . The person assigned to this position is responsible for the overall smooth operation of the Clinical Psychology Center (CPC) and works in conjunction with the Psychology Department at the University of Montana. This position requires managing the front desk, handling and prioritizing incoming calls, providing community members with background information on clinic services and generally serving as first point of contact and liaison between clients, faculty, staff, and graduate students. The administrative associate will also be expected to maintain files and office equipment, and place orders for supplies and manage inventory. In addition, they take requests for clinical services, monitor parking spaces, and building and technology needs.
The incumbent in this position works closely with the CPC director to ensure that the clinic runs adeptly, and to serve as a resource for the students, clients, and faculty that utilize the clinic. The role requires the ability to track accounts receivables, receive payments, process billing, and prepare monthly statements. Other duties often include event planning and assistance with continuing education events, community workshops and departmental admissions and recruitment events. Additionally, the administrative associate maintains databases and the electronic medical records system, creates brochures, tidies and organizes common spaces, helps with advertising and outreach, and other duties as needed to support department training and educational activities.
- Ability to track accounts receivables, take payments, process billing, and prepare monthly statements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize incoming calls, phone messages, and written communications pertaining to the clinic
- Ability to maintain files, databases, and office equipment
- Ability to manage inventory of clinic materials and replenish/make orders as needed
- Ability to monitor and maintain electronic records system
- Outreach and advertising skills
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and two (2) years of relevant administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate II
Position Number: 043650
Work Schedule: Part-time, 0.6 FTE (24 hours a week), 12 months/year.
Salary: $12.92/hr .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, July 11, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner