Student Government Coordinator
Student Government Coordinator
Salary Starting Range: $58,240 - $62,524
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision of the Director of Student Government, the coordinator works in the areas of student leadership advising, event/activity programming, program administration, and leadership training/development/education. Primarily, the coordinator will serve as the advisor to elected student leaders and program groups within ASI. The coordinator will also provide ASI policy/procedure advising to funded student organizations and may supervise graduate and/or student assistants, who provide additional support to student activities/programs. Oversee and advise student leaders in student government, boards, committees, and commissions in the areas of meeting management, leadership development, event planning and interpersonal communication.
Advising, Programming, and Program Administration
1. Coaches and advises student leaders through regular weekly meetings and frequent communication and interactions
2. Attends staff, committee/commission, executive board, program, and/or other related meetings
3. Works with student leaders to ensure continuity of programming, funding, and advocacy efforts; provides training and development for such efforts
4. Provides support to student leaders in planning and executing events/activities
5. Attends and monitors ASI sponsored events/activities, as needed or directed
6. Provide ASI policy/procedure advising to funded student organizations
1. Takes part in researching, developing, and implementing effective training/development/education programs for student leaders
2. Attends and implements training/development/education programs, at times after normal business hours and on weekends, as needed or directed
Budget and Financial Management
1. Monitors and supports processing of expenditures for various programs to ensure compliance with established organizational, fiscal, and risk management policies and procedures
1. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates graduate and/or student assistant staff
1. Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
2. Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
3. Serves as a generalist advisor to all ASI student leaders
4. Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in higher education, student development, business or public administration, or related field required, Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a student services program area, or in a related field required.
Demonstrated experience in leadership training required; additional experience in counseling and/or crisis management is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and harmonious relationships within a multi-cultural campus environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a complex organizational setting, including diverse and multi-cultural, all-gender, and multi-aged value systems
• Ability to effectively organize, lead, train and direct the efforts of student employees and volunteers and engender support for various programs and projects
• Must be able to interpret and carryout Associated Students Inc. and University policies; ability to interpret and apply program policies and procedures
• Ability to acquire rapidly a general knowledge of the overall operation, functions, and programs of the Associated Students, Inc.
• Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and carry through actions having implications concerning other programs or service areas
• Must possess knowledge of the methods and problems of organizational and program management, and general knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior
• Ability to reason logically; collect, compile, analyze and evaluate data and make verbal or written presentations based on these data
• Advise students individually and in groups on routine matters where required
• Ability to develop and manage budgets
• Ability to develop and implement risk management strategies designed to prevent, manage, and intervene in crises involving children
• Works effectively with coworkers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner;
• Listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others;
• Keeping commitments;
• Keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues;
• Addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; and
• Respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, works and deeds.
• Leadership Development
• Diversity Equity and Inclusion
• Assessment and Evaluation
• Event Management
• Meaningful Interpersonal Relationships
• Social Responsibility
• Effective Communication
• Multicultural Competency
• Intellectual Growth
Typical Working Conditions:
Student Government Coordinator generally works in an office environment.
• Must be able to pass a urine drug screen.
• Upon hire employment history, criminal, and employment background check will be completed.
• Required to be a Mandatory Reporter and sign ASI Mandatory Reporter Form.
The Associated Students, CSUF, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
For more information or to apply, visit: https://fullerton.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0ucem?source