CHAIR, DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL THERAPY, SCHOOL OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS, UNIVERSITY OF TX MEDICAL BRA
The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) at Galveston is seeking a professor and chair to lead the Department of Physical Therapy in the School of Health Professions.
The expectations for the position include:
- Provide leadership and direction to the DPT Program Director and department faculty on matters of curriculum, instruction, and scholarly activity.
- Develop and apply effective mechanisms for course and curriculum improvement.
- Develop and expand the research capacity of the department including growing the amount of extramural grant funding and scholarly output.
- Foster interdisciplinary participation in education, research, clinical and service opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure a continuous stream of highly qualified applicants into the program sufficient to meet or exceed capacity.
- Manage expenditures and revenues to create a balances operational budget.
Candidate must be eligible for appointment at the professor level, have PhD degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in a relevant field.
The University of Texas Medical Branch is a major academic health sciences center located on the Texas gulf coast. The University established the first physical therapy training program in the state of Texas in 1943. The University provides excellent scientific and clinical resources including the Center for Recovery, Physical Activity & Nutrition, Sealy Center on Aging, the UTMB Claude Pepper Older Americans Independence Center, Department of Orthopedic Surgery & Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Services, Pediatrics, and the Institute for Translational Sciences funded by the NIH/CTSA. Advanced graduate training opportunities exist in several programs within the Graduate School for Biomedical Sciences (e.g., Rehabilitation Sciences, Pathophysiology & Translational Medicine, and Neuroscience. UTMB provides excellent opportunities for collaborative basic and translational research. Information about the University is available at: www.utmb.edu.
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Applicants should apply online at: http://o.rfer.us/AA08340aza
For any questions about the position please contact:
Blake B. Rasmussen, PhD Professor & Search Committee Chair
University of Texas Medical Branch
Ph. (409) 747-1619
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Galveston