Associate or Full Professor in Human Nutrition
Department: School of Human Environmental Sciences
Close Date: August 2, 2021 or until position is filled
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: January 1, 2022 (Spring 2022 Semester)
Summary of Job Duties: This is a 12-month tenure-track appointment at the rank of associate or full professor with tenure in the School of Human Environmental Sciences. The chosen candidate will be expected to launch a nationally recognized research program in diet and human health with a focus on translational approaches to human nutrition such as nutritional biochemistry and metabolomics, epigenetics, precision nutrition, molecular nutrition, ‘omics’ approaches or other related nutrition areas. Responsibilities also include teaching undergraduate and graduate nutrition and dietetics courses, mentoring graduate and honors students, and academic advising. This position is part of ongoing efforts to expand nutritional science research that supports the university’s initiative areas of human health and community vibrancy through collaborations and innovative partnerships.
- Earned doctorate in human nutrition, nutritional science or a closely related field with training and experience in human nutrition research.
- Demonstrated Interests and broad training in basic science or translational approaches to human nutrition such as nutritional biochemistry and metabolism, molecular nutrition, precision nutrition, molecular nutrition, ‘omics’ approaches or other related nutrition areas.
- Published research in peer reviewed scholarly journals.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and sustain an extramurally funded research program.
- Effective classroom teaching experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of scholarly activity, including, but not limited to publications, conference presentations and grant writing.
- Evidence of ability to conduct research activities independently and collaboratively.
- History of interdisciplinary training or collaborations.
- Experience managing grants and grant budgets.
- Evidence of advising or mentoring graduate student thesis or dissertation research.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Special Instructions: For a complete position announcement and information regarding how to apply, visit https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/job/Fayetteville/Associate-Professor---12-MONTH_R0003866-1 . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be considered for the position, applicants should submit (1) a cover letter (demonstrating how your strengths match the duties and qualifications listed above), (2) complete curriculum vitae, (3) the names, titles, addresses, and contact information of three references, and (4) statements of teaching and research philosophies. Transcripts will be required from finalists. Completed applications received by August 2, 2021 will be assured full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.