Fashion Design Coordinator (Department Industry/ Project Coordinator)
Provide administrative and project management support to the Fashion Design department in the School of Graduate Studies, serving as liaison with industry partners and providing marketing, public relations, and event management support. Work closely with the chairperson on all aspects of research and creative projects and the administration of the department. Work independently to ensure the smooth operation of the MFA Fashion Design Office and related tasks.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support the program's students and faculty by providing direction, answering questions, providing technical guidance, coordinating orientations, organizing student equipment loans and studio materials
- Possible occasional international travel for student seminars, as and if needed
- Provide faculty and staff support and coordination on program curriculum, studio, equipment and administrative matters
- Administer program pedagogical reporting within the college's Banner system; coordinate curriculum materials, reports and processes; and organize the program calendar and course schedules
- Support Chair in monitoring budgets, tracking expenditures and maintaining studio equipment inventory with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Work with Chair to organize and coordinate the admissions process and applicant interviews
- Conduct research and other special projects, as needed, including international seminar coordination and annual admissions coordination
- Social media content creation and management for the program including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. and website content management and coordination
- Plan and execute professional program events in our studios, on campus and in outside venues for student fashion shows, exhibitions, admissions, presentations, etc.
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all inclusive.
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years' experience required; 1-2 years preferably in fashion event coordination and planning
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with email (Google platform preferred), Word, Excel; Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign skills preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and prioritize
- Excellent problem solving abilities and research skills