Lead Instructional Designer (Academic Services Professional Sr)
UVM Continuing and Distance Education (CDE) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Lead Instructional Designer (Academic Services Professional Sr) position. CDE is a dynamic, entrepreneurial department that provides educational opportunities through online and in-person courses and programs in areas such as health and wellness, sustainability, and business. You will join our dedicated team to provide instructional design services, supervision, and project management for online programs and courses.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of staff in instructional design and production roles. Guide the team in developing overall structures for managing the development of projects across the portfolio.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to conduct needs assessment and create course blueprints that meet intended learning outcomes and adhere to legal, ethical, procedural and accessibility guidelines.
- Provide expertise and leadership in instructional media design and instructional technology.
- Prioritize, assign and communicate around a varied portfolio of projects in different stages of design and development to ensure that deadlines are met and quality is maintained.
- Create alignment between program competencies, course-level objectives, assessments, and learning activities to improve learner outcomes.
- Keep projects on-track; guide faculty toward best practices; provide guidance and feedback throughout the development process.
- Work with production specialists to communicate and delegate tasks.
- Facilitate the preparation of documentation, tutorials, and self-paced training for use by faculty and staff.
- Apply industry-standard assessment rubrics to courses in service of continuous improvement.
- Assist on special projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education or related discipline and two to three years’ experience in instructional design or equivalent combination to include project management/supervisory experience.
Specific requirements include experience with:
- Principles of learning theory, and instructional design related to online learning and teaching.
- Online course development, credit and noncredit, both instructor-led and self-paced.
- Learning management systems and course design tools and other multimedia.
- Project management and demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Superb attention to detail
University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal. Interested and qualified applicants should apply online at: www.uvmjobs.com under Position No. 00023420
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Instructional Technology & Design Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Burlington