Communications Faculty Member
The full-time, tenure-track Communication Faculty Member position includes teaching, advising, and college service responsibilities as well as year-round oversight of the College radio station, WKKL 90.7 FM.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Instruction and College Service:
- Provide instruction in the field of Communication Studies to a diverse student population in the classroom, in the Makkay Broadcast Center, and online either remotely over Zoom or fully online asynchronously.
- Lead planning and development of all radio-related communication courses to include expansion of instruction into multimedia areas (such as podcasting) and to ensure curricula stay current in the field to include a balance of theory and practice on air and online.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate communication curriculum, schedule development, and recruitment of new students into the program.
- Hold contractually required student office hours, provide academic advising to assigned students, and participate in five weekly hours of college service.
- Participate in professional development activities both on and off campus to stay current in pedagogical trends and the discipline.
- Attend and participate in all division, department, Media Board, and WKKL Advisory Board meetings.
Management of College Radio Station:
- Provide oversight and management of all operations including programming, student staffing, revenue support, production, events, and other station activities.
- Ensure station is compliant with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations related to music, broadcasting and podcast licensing. Adhere to all relevant laws related to operating an FM broadcast radio station.
- Oversee equipment and software procurement and upkeep and coordinate upkeep of station with the facilities department.
- Recruit and train students to participate in operation of the station and help them build skills in a wide range of broadcasting and production activities.
- Use creative measures to include students, faculty and staff from all departments to create cross-college participation in media programming.
- Develop revenue streams through underwriting and fundraising.
- Through courses and the student Radio Club, oversee student development and train students in various roles that contribute to operating the station.
- Coordinate and effectively maintain relationships with WKKL advisory board, underwriters, and mentors.
- Maintain professional growth and remain current in radio broadcasting and podcasting practices.
- Master’s degree in communication or related field.
- Direct “on air” and radio station management experience.
- Experience using active and collaborative learning strategies in both classroom and/or clinical learning opportunities that support a student-centered, equity-focused, growth- minded, and outcome-based approach to education.
- Experience with the integration of technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience with and a strong knowledge base in the assessment of student learning outcomes and curriculum development appropriate to meet the challenges of a highly diverse student body.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Community college communication teaching experience.
- Online teaching experience using Moodle or similar LMS.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
COMPENSATION: Full-time MCCC position. Salary range of $47,620 - $76,968. Actual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, determined by a formula-based classification system, consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program. Note: This is a 12-month position which includes compensation for managing the radio station during semester breaks as well as during the summer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 6,2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in West Barnstable
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in West Barnstable
- Broadcasting Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in West Barnstable
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in West Barnstable