Research Assistant I
The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Research Assistant I that will support research initiatives at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center. The candidate will be responsible for planning, completing and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the investigator. This candidate will have great communication skills, well-organized, pleasant personality, and works well with human research participants. Also, a team player, reliable, and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Assists in research experiments such as Elisas for bone turnover markers, hormone assays.
- Performs and analyzes bone mineral density.
- Performs and analyzes bone microarchitecture and bone strength.
- Assists in DNA and RNA isolation.
- Assists in genotyping and gene expression studies.
- Assists in sample processing and storage of samples.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Develops and modifies computer programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston