Executive Assistant to the Dean
The CU Boulder College of Music encourages applications for the Executive Assistant to the Dean. This role provides high-level administrative support to the Dean; supports long-range planning, program review, and accreditation; and handles significant writing and editing assignments. This position serves to coordinate the calendar of the Dean and manages the Dean's tasks, provides meeting support, conducts research in order to provide briefing materials and works in support of the College of Music's critical initiatives and priorities. The Executive Assistant also serves as administrative assistant in the area of Faculty Affairs. This position works closely with several units including advancement, the Office of Faculty Affairs, operations, and assists the Dean with special projects as needed.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The College of Music, founded in 1920, is recognized as one of the top comprehensive music schools in the country. The College of Music offers seven degree programs in over 28 fields of study, at the bachelor’s level through the doctorate. Our dedicated and supportive community of 550 degree-seeking students, 70 full-time faculty, 30 part-time faculty, and 30 professional, technical and administrative staff produces over 350 performances and numerous guest lectures, master-classes, and outreach events each year.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the Dean (managing the Dean’s calendar, monitoring incoming email, keeping the Dean informed of daily messages and events), and function as a gatekeeper to assure prioritization of the Dean’s time.
- Develop an understanding of program goals and priorities of the Dean in order to prioritize issues.
- Respond to routine & non-routine inquiries regarding College of Music and campus operations, policies and procedures. Serve as the primary contact for departments and individuals needing to work with the Dean. Forward questions and issues presented by internal and external constituents to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Respond to a wide variety of inquiries from faculty and staff.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituents, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepare briefing materials for the Dean to include collection and preparation of information for use in discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Provide administrative and technical assistance on a wide range of special projects.
- Draft documents and correspondence for the Dean and develop and manage a database of contacts, initiatives and assignments.
- Schedule, develop and distribute agendas, and keep minutes for meetings such as Dean's Cabinet, faculty/staff, college-level committees, etc.
- Serve as Faculty Affairs assistant in the areas of Promotion and Tenure, Reappointments, Sabbaticals, and Post-tenure Reviews.
- Maintain principal College policy documents and advise Dean and others as necessary (NASM, Program Review, Faculty Bylaws, etc.).
- Committee work and event coordination. Examples of this type of work include stage management of the Annual Scholarship Celebration, coordination of the college commencement activities and Donuts with the Deans, and service on campus committees. In coordination with other staff members in the Dean's office suite, receive and greet office visitors.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $55,000 - $62,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 1+ years of professional, job related experience.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding communications (written and verbal) and editing skills.
- Ability to carry out large-scale projects with minimal direction.
- Digital literacy to support administrative functions including MS Office Suite (with an emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and video conferencing applications such as Zoom.
- Ability to work independently and as a teammate, with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive under pressure of changing priorities and unanticipated urgent demands.
- Ability to use a high level of discretion, exercise tact, adhere to time sensitivity and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced degree in English, communications, music, or a related field.
- 5 + years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience preferred.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for working in a higher-education music environment highly desirable.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 23, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Music Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder