Tutor Coordinator/Academic Support Professional
The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department is hiring a Tutor Coordinator/Academic Support Professional . This position will coordinate the athletics tutoring program, which includes recruiting, interviewing, initial and ongoing training, and coordinating a staff of student workers. Coordinates with the Herbst Academic Center staff, student-athletes, and tutors to schedule the subject/course tutoring provided to student-athletes in a professional and collaborative work environment. Regularly tracks and reports on the tutoring program and delivers information to all constituents as needed. Evaluates the program annually and incorporates innovative measures to increase effectiveness and efficiency. The Tutor Coordinator/Academic Support Professional also will work one-on-one and with small groups of student-athletes; to assist in their academic transition to college and facilitate learning for at-risk students.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletics Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the PAC 12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Manage Tutor Program:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Tutor Program by developing schedules, processing appointment changes and requests, assigning and monitoring tutor sessions, resolving operations problems, and creating and delivering daily reports.
- Work collaboratively with Academic Coordinators, Mentors, and Learning Specialists, Tutors, and student-athletes to schedule sessions to meet the needs of students.
- Coordinate and implement review sessions throughout each term.
- Regularly supervise and report on the tutoring program, and deliver information to all constituents as needed.
- Evaluate the program annually and incorporate innovative measures to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Recruit, Train, and Coordinate Tutoring Staff:
- Identify and recruit new tutors from all academic subject areas to fulfill tutor requests.
- Conduct interviews, make hiring decisions and manage the on-boarding process of new staff members.
- Develop and administer initial and ongoing training to tutor staff on the University of Colorado and NCAA policies, procedures, and specifications to ensure academic integrity.
- Coordinate and develop tutoring staff and report on tutor performance. Provide intensive one-on-one assistance for assigned at-risk students.
Academic Services Professional and Other Related Duties:
- Empower students to fully engage in their academic life and promote the development of academic success.
- Instruct students about academic integrity and academic fraud.
- Assist students in organizing their time and priorities.
- Teach study skills/strategy development (note-taking, test-taking, reading comprehension and time management), motivational techniques, and learning techniques to improve student-athlete's performance and achievement with learning challenges and foster autonomous learners.
- Teach students how to create daily and weekly academic objectives that are specific and measurable.
- Perform all work responsibilities and maintain confidentiality in all applicable policies, rules, regulations, and laws regarding NCAA, Pac-12, Athletics Department, University policies, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
What You Should Know
- Monday- Friday: 8am-5pm or 10am-7pm.
- Hours may change based on the needs of the position and consultation with the supervisor.
- Some evening and weekend work may be necessary.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range is $50,000 - $52,000 annually.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines. Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Accomplished. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree.
- One year experience teaching, managing, tutoring, or providing academic support (preferably in higher education). Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What You Will Need
- Successfully manage lively scheduling responsibilities, interruptions, a large and diverse staff.
- Bring a developmental learning mentality to the staff, students, and themselves as well as a strong sense of ethics.
- Balance the needs of student-athletes, Herbst Academic Center staff, tutors, and self.
- Understand and be committed to working with and within the athletics environment, first-generation college students, non-first generation college students, underrepresented students, students with learning disabilities/ADHD and academic preparation deficiencies, and high achieving students.
- Practice cultural competence and professional maturity.
- Have knowledge of NCAA rules.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced degree in Education, Business, or comparable field.
- Experience with NCAA rules compliance.
- Experience tutoring/mentoring or teaching student-athletes, preferably at a Division I program.
- Work in an administrative or managerial role for academic support services or tutor program at the post-secondary level.
- Experience managing a program and supervising staff.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder