Folsom Field Events Coordinator
The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages applications for a Folsom Field Event Coordinator! This limited term 10 month position supports the University of Colorado Department of Intercollegiate Athletics with the assistance in coordination of both internal and external events in the Folsom Field premium venues. It also provides assistance in event planning and management related to private events to all outside entities and campus constituents as a representative of the department and venues.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletics Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish outstanding connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Communications & Marketing for Folsom Field Events:
- Develop content for social media marketing and utilize Hootsuite to post on Folsom Field Events social media channels weekly.
- Update Folsom Field Events marketing platforms as needed.
- Create weekly blog content through WordPress.
- Build feedback surveys and review requests to send to clients following their events.
- Research new marketing strategy ideas and work on promotional pieces to gain business.
Folsom Field Events Coordinator:
- Assist with managing venue spaces through our Event Management Software (EMS) and respond to event inquiries.
- Assist with creating event-related documents including:
- Proposal Estimates.
- Data Sheets
- Room Diagrams.
- Event Signage.
- Assist with working closely with campus partners, preferred vendors, and CUAD staff for event needs.
- Attend site-visits with clients.
- Assist with the actual set up and coordination of Folsom Field Events.
CU Athletics Internal Events Coordination:
- Assist with internal events tasks, including but not limited to: Creating registration pages through Cvent, graphics through Trello, reserving venue spaces through EMS, and creating nametags.
Special Projects / Administration:
- Support Folsom Field Events Coordinator by:
- Responding to emails and phone calls.
- Assist staff with special projects.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What You Should Know
- This is a limited-term, 10 month position includes benefits. The schedule is Monday-Friday 8-5pm. Some evening, weekends, and Holidays work may be included depending on Events Schedule.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this 10 month position is $31,000.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Challenged. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Willingness to work hours that may not be standard 8AM - 5PM times, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Punctual and good time leadership skills.
- Experience working with events.
- Flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Good at working in a team setting.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in event planning/coordination.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Cvent, Wordpress, Hootsuite.
- Experience in marketing is a plus.
- Needs a current and valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Safe Serve certification, within 4 weeks of hire.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder