Assistant to the Dean (Technical Craft Specialist B)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant to the Dean (Technical Craft Specialist B) position. The Assistant to the Dean (Technical Craft Specialist B) for the Math, Science & Health Careers Division provides support and assistance to the Dean and Assistant Dean to ensure academic quality and provides assistance to students, faculty, and staff in order to further the goals, vision, and initiatives of the Division.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum (7) seven years' experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position required.
• Strong organizational and management skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience with an enterprise-wide information system required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, faculty, and the general public) in person, via the telephone and email required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities.
• Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality at all times required.
• Ability to use sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Associate's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Banner preferred.